IVF, popularly known as In Vitro Fertilization. It is one of the medical processes which can bring hope in the life of childless couples. This technique involves complex series of processes, that help a woman to conceive. During IVF, the matured eggs are taken out from the ovaries. Then these eggs are fertilized with the sperm in the IVF Clinics in India.
Are you lacking parenthood because of infertility problems? Opting for IVF can be a wise decision for you to conceive subject to the fact that you can afford it. Well, before you decide to go for the IVF treatment, you can ask your doctors in detail about the treatment.
Are you a candidate for IVF?
Loads of determining factors are there before you opt for IVF. Your doctor will let you know whether you need this treatment or not. This treatment is given to couples who suffer from
- Low sperm count
- Blocked fallopian tube
- Problems with uterus
- Disorder in ovaries
- Sperm unable to survive within the cervical mucus
- Other health-related issues that cause issues in reproduction
Here the doctors will do the necessary testing and will suggest the best treatment for you.
Read also: 6 FOODS YOU SHOULDN’T HAVE BEFORE BEDTIME
What instructions do you need to follow?
Once you opt for IVF, the doctor will suggest you follow certain restrictions. Let’s check the restrictions that you should maintain during IVF.
- Doctors recommend stopping smoking for both partners. They should stop smoking for three months before the IVF cycle starts. It has been noticed that tobacco is detrimental to a woman’s egg.
- Alcohol consumption is restricted during the period of the IVF treatment. Once the woman gets pregnant, she should refrain from smoking until the delivery of the child.
- If you are taking any medications, you need to inform this your doctor. There may be some medicines that can interfere with embryo transfer and medication for fertility. The doctors will suggest you not take those medicines during the IVF treatment.
- A woman needs to stay away from vigorous exercises until she gets pregnant. Aerobics, weightlifting, running, etc should not be practiced when the ovaries are at the stimulation stage.
- If you take an herbal supplement, it should be stopped, immediately if you opt for IVF treatment. Doctors never suggest consuming herbal supplements during IVF.
What will happen if you get pregnant?
Once you get a positive pregnancy report, you need to visit IVF Centre in India for an ultrasound and blood test. Ultrasound is necessary to check whether the pregnancy is developing smoothly or not.
What to do if you don’t get pregnant?
If you don’t get pregnant, the expert will ask you to go for another cycle of IVF. Here you need to go through some additional tests to prepare for the second IVF cycle.
What are the side effects of IVF?
During the IVF treatment, doctors suggest some fertility medicines. These medications may cause mood swings, headache, bloating, abdominal pain, etc. Sometimes a woman can suffer from the following side effects in rare cases.
- Shortness of breath
- Low urinary frequency
- A woman may notice sudden weight gain within three to five days
- Bloating with a severe stomach ache
Expenses of IVF treatment
There is no doubt that this advanced medicinal treatment has made many couples happy. This treatment is a fruitful solution for those who are suffering from infertility. Here you also need to know the cost involved in IVF treatment. You need to understand the price from the clinic for IVF.
Hence those are the queries that you can ask your doctor before opting for IVF.
The above are some of the most important questions that you need to ask your IVF specialist before you sign the agreement for the process. All people are different, and the list of queries will also vary. So, if you have any specific set of questions in your mind that you wish to ask, then go ahead and feel free to ask along with the above questions.
Some more questions that you may ask:
- What we be done with my unused embryos?
- What a minimum number of eggs will you retrieve?
- After how many days you will make an embryo transfer?
- What is best for me IUI or IVF?
- How long will be the IVF process?
- What is the possibility of my IVF success?
Enjoy parenthood with IVF.