Facebook is a prominent social media platform that enables users to build virtual connections with other users. It provides various different features for the users to engage them on the platform to create and increase the user base. Facebook offers enticing features for the users; these features include notification alerts, pin posts, event creation, and file (images or videos) upload, story share, basic posts share, group chats, and Poll on Facebook creation. Facebook is a leading platform with billions of users; one reason for this is the level of engagement Facebook has built for itself.
A poll on Facebook contributes largely to generating this engagement. However, many users may find posting a poll on Facebook tricky without proper guidance with step-wise instructions. But with the right pointers on the feature, creating poll on Facebook can be relatively convenient. You will find proper instructions on how to post a Facebook poll on your Facebook story, Facebook groups, Facebook events, and Facebook messenger. Additionally, you must know that Facebook polls can be made and posted through the Facebook mobile app and Facebook webpage using the browser on your laptop or desktop. We will discuss it all in the blog.
POST POLL ON FACEBOOK GROUPS VIA DESKTOP
Posting a poll on Facebook group can be done using a desktop or using Smartphone for Facebook mobile application. Below are the instructions using both desktop and Smartphone separately. To post a poll on Facebook using your desktop or laptop browser, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open Facebook on your desktop or laptop’s browser and log in to your account using the correct credentials.
- When you land on your news feed, you will find numerous options listed on your left – locate and click on Groups.
- The step above will lead you to a list of all available groups on your account, ones that you may have created and the ones that you may have been added to. Select the group you wish to share the Poll on.
- A new window with Write something text is written in the textbox will open; click on the textbox and select Poll from the options below.
- After selecting the Poll option, write in your question for the Poll and add two alternatives for people to choose from
- You can modify settings on polls by clicking on Poll Options and click on Post to publish the Post on the group.
POST POLL ON FACEBOOK VIA SMARTPHONE
Creating a poll on Facebook using your Smartphone (mobile Facebook application) is fairly easy to do. To post a Facebook poll via your Smartphone, follow the steps below.
- Open the Facebook application on your Smartphone and tap on the three horizontal lines located at the bottom-right corner of the screen
- From the list of options, select Groups, and further tap to choose the group that you wish to share the Poll with
- Tap in the textbox of the Write Something window and choose Poll from the options under it
- Type in your question for the Post and the alternatives to choose from; once you are done, tap on Post to publish your Poll on that very group
Read Also: HOW TO UNHIDE FACEBOOK MESSAGES
POST A POLL ON FACEBOOK STORY VIA SMARTPHONE
If you’re unable to share a poll on Facebook and asking yourself, why can’t I create a poll on Facebook then don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Another way to share a poll on Facebook is through Facebook stories. You can publish a poll on your story and have people vote for their preference on their story itself. Follow the below-mentioned steps to post a Facebook poll on your story.
- Open Facebook mobile application on your Smartphone
- Locate the Add to story option at the top of your screen and tap on it
- Add any photo or video as a background for your Poll
- You will see a sticker icon at the top-right corner, tap on it and then tap on Poll from the options
- Insert your question and the alternatives (options) for your Poll – and tap Share to Story to finish
Please note that you can modify privacy settings such as the audience limitations.
POST A POLL ON FACEBOOK MESSENGER VIA DESKTOP
If you are still stuck with why I can’t create a poll on Facebook you have another way to post it. As mentioned earlier, you can also post a poll on Facebook messenger. To know-how, refer to the instructions below.
- Open the Facebook webpage and log in to your account using the correct credentials
- Choose and open any group chat – the one you wish to share your Poll with
- Tap on the ‘+’ symbol placed at the bottom of the chat window
- Click on Create a Poll icon, type in the question and options, and click on Create poll to share the Poll with your group on messenger
POST A POLL ON FACEBOOK MESSENGER VIA SMARTPHONE
You can post a poll on Facebook messenger via your Smartphone. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Open Facebook messenger and locate the group chat where you want to share your Poll
- Tap on the four dots (Android) or plus symbol (iPhone) and tap on the Poll symbol
- Type the question and the options in their designated slots
- Tap Create Poll to publish the Poll on the Facebook messenger group
The aforementioned are the ways you can post a poll on Facebook. This feature is captivating for billions of Facebook users, which is why it has gained such popularity. It helps to interact with the followers and read market needs (for businesses). Facebook polls will be published on Groups, Facebook messenger, and Facebook Story. Follow all steps to post a Facebook poll anywhere amongst the three options. You can find more Facebook-related information in our other blogs. It is quite easy to follow the steps to share Poll on Facebook. You can also find information about Instagram and other social network platforms.