ATT emails provide the benefit of having multiple email accounts. Under this scheme, you have to join ATT email. To enjoy these benefits, you have to add att email to outlook. As Outlook provides a fine platform for enjoying plenty of email accounts as well as gives you the add-on of calendar and contact organizer according to device suiting needs.
Most of the people get stuck at att email login and many of them find difficult to add email to outlook. No need to worry, If you are facing the same issue, We are here with this guide to provide you with the easiest and accessible way on how to set up an ATT email on MS Outlook.
Here are a few steps which will help you with your AT&T email settings for outlook, all you need is to just follow them properly and by the end of the article, you’ll be completely ready to set up an att email account to outlook.
AT&T Email Settings
If you are setting your att email login for the first time to your device, these are the methods to here,
- Go to outlook, select file at the top of the menu bar from add account option.
- Click on manual setup / additional server types.
- You’ll be having 2 options to choose POP or IMAP, it is recommended to choose IMAP over POP because IMAP provides flexibility in the device as well as keeping your messages on the server and unaffected from sudden failure in the device or corrupt function.
- Fill in the required details as such.
- The desirable name you want to display on.
- Your full AT&T email address.
- Complete the server information respectively.
- Account type, anyone you want between IMAP OR POP
- If you have chosen IMAP
Incoming mail server = imap.mail.att.net
Outgoing mail server = smtp.mail.att.net
- If you have chosen POP
Incoming mail server = inbound.att.net
Outgoing mail server = outbound.att.net
- Next step, you have to fulfill the details for the login process, username, password.
- If you don’t remember your password, then click on remember the password or opt for secure password authentication.
- Go to more settings.
- Here you have to do some numeric corrections like this.
Incoming server = 993 (IMAP)
Encrypted connection – SSL
Outgoing server = 465(both)
- Select ok and next, once outlook finishes its confirmation click on finish.
- And here your att email login is done.
AT&T Email Not Working with Outlook
Usually, the att email doesn’t work with outlook because of the disturbed configuration of your email account. This is not a big issue and can happen with any email account. To fix this up, here are some small tips.
- You can use webmail instead of any different email client because webmail doesn’t require any configuration, though its readability is not as equal to the outlook for the temporary cure, you can try this.
- Check your configuration is done properly and the numeric and encrypted changes are accordingly and correctly.
- Prefer IMAP over POP because it eliminates such issues of midway disturbances.
- Try removing your email for once and then recreating it again. Sometimes, there are few corrupted files along with emails that cause such problems, recreating them will eliminate all.
- Press window key + R and type outlook/safe, and then ok, this will help to sort your issue with configuration.
- Check your antivirus software.