Selling jewellery online is a lucrative business. By doing e-commerce, you can showcase your products to the crores of customers. Amazon is one of the biggest e-commerce websites and it can help you grow tremendously as an online seller. Setting up an Amazon seller account may seem to be a lengthy process but once you get started, it will open more doors to potential sales. If you want to know how to sell gold jewellery online or any other kind of jewellery, you don’t have to worry, we’ve got you covered.
Here is a detailed guide on how to sell jewellery online on Amazon:
- Select your plan
Amazon offers two selling plans:
- Professional plan: It lets you sell an unlimited number of products for a $39.99 monthly fee.
- Individual plan: Individuals can sell on Amazon for $0.99 per item sold.
For both these plans, there are other fees that you must pay per sale:
- Referral fees: It is a percentage of the total transactions and is different for different product categories.
- Shipping fees
- Closing fees
Your fee structure will depend on the type of store you build on Amazon. To get the most accurate estimate of how much it will cost to sell on Amazon, you can check Selling on Amazon Fee Schedule.
- Create your Seller Account
To create an Amazon seller account, visit services.amazon.com or Amazon Seller Central and click the “Start selling” button. Amazon Seller Central is also where you’ll manage your selling account. On logging into your existing Amazon account, you’ll have to provide some basic information about your business.
To proceed further, you’ll need the following documents:
- Business email / Amazon account number
- Credit card
- ID proof such as Adhar Card, driving license etc.
- Tax information
- Bank account to which Amazon can transfer your earnings
- Create your listing
Once you’ve created your account, you can start listing your products on Amazon. For the Individual Plan, you can add one product to the Amazon Marketplace catalogue at a time. If you have the Professional Plan, you can add batches of products to the catalogue.
The listing includes the following:
- Product identifier: These are the Amazon Standard Identification Numbers (ASINs) which is unique blocks of 10 letters and/or numbers that identify items. You can find the ASIN on the item’s product information page at Amazon.com. ASIN barcodes can be used to search for items in Amazon’s catalogue.
- Universal Product Code (UPC): It consists of a 12-digit numeric code and a barcode. The international governing body GS1 that distributes these codes assigns a permanent UPC to a product for its entire shelf life. So even if multiple retailers sell the product, it’ll still have the same UPC at each store.
- Stock Keeping Unit (SKU): It is a unique code consisting of letters and numbers that identify the characteristics of each product, such as manufacturer, brand, style, colour, and size. SKU helps you to track your inventory.
- Product details such as price, the quantity of product you plan to sell, the condition of your product, and its shipping options.
- Other product details such as product name, manufacturer and Brand Name, descriptions, package quantity, colour, shape, size, dimensions and weight, material type, stone type, and images.
- Optimizing Listing for Search
The most important part of your product descriptions is to optimize them for searchability. This means including relevant information and keywords.
Keywords are the search terms that are used by customers to search for a particular product. Keywords give better visibility to your listing.
- Developing detailed page for your listing
Include all the relevant information about your product. You must include:
Title: Less than 200 characters should be there and do capitalize the first letter of each word.
Descriptions: Short descriptive sentences highlighting key features and benefits of your product.
Images: Images must be at least 1000 pixels on the longest side and at least 500 pixels on the shortest side to be zoom-able.
Variations: You have to provide information related to colour, height, length, and weight of your product.
Offer: Offers such as discounted price, shipping options, etc.
Get help from Amazon experts
Amazon has an astounding network of the trained seller support team that is available all day long to assist you with all the confusions, doubts, issues or problems you may have in selling your jewellery.
You can rely on Amazon for:
- Clicking pictures of your products
- Cataloguing your products
- Managing your Amazon account which includes enhancing the quality the content of your listing, adding images and videos for better sales
- Managing tax registration and filing your taxes
- Transporting your products to Amazon fulfilment centres
Amazon is one of the best e-commerce websites to sell jewellery online to maximize your reach to customers and to boost your sale.