Are you not getting all the received messages in your Facebook inbox? Well, it’s because Facebook has a variety of folders for messages other than the main message folder. However, Facebook is always evolving and bringing new features and changes. That’s why if you knew about how to unhide messages on Facebook messenger app in 2019, that is not going to work in 2020 as facebook messenger has brought some changes in its user interface. The same is true for the web version and mobile version of Facebook.
In this article, we are going to let you know exactly how to unhide Facebook messages on Facebook messenger app in Android and iOS devices. We are also going to cover how to unhide Facebook messages on the web version and free version (for low data speed/ comes without photo) of Facebook. Let’s begin.
How To Unhide Chat In Messenger On iPhone And Android
The process of unhiding chat in messenger on iPhone and Android is pretty the same. However, Facebook has two different message folders to deliver you with the messages of the people you do not know. First of all, there is a “Message Requests” folder to show you the messages of the people you are not connected as a Facebook friend. And secondly, if the message sender seems to be promoting spam or the messages send by those users look like spam, Facebook separates those messages in your spam inbox as does not put in the “Message Requests” folder. Here’s how to find the “Message Requests” and “Spam” messages on messenger for iPhone and Android:
- Open the Messenger app on your iPhone and Android devices.
- Find a chat icon circle on the top left of the Messenger with your profile picture in the center.
- Tap on that chat icon circle that comes with your profile picture.
- You will now see a variety of options ranging from the dark mode to the people, and settings. On the second of the options (just below the dark mode), you will see the “Message Requests” option.
- Tap on “Message Requests”. Now you will find two divided parts. The left side features the messages marked with “You May Know” and the messages of the other side with “Spam”. You can tap on both to see the messages. That’s how to unhide Facebook messenger chat on iPhone and Android devices.
- However, note that the sender of any messages that come in “Message Requests” will not know if you have seen his/her messages until you reply. So, you can either reply to the messages or delete those if you wish.
How to Unhide Facebook Messages on Web Version of Facebook
If you are using Facebook from your PC or tablet on the web version of any browser, the way of unhiding the Facebook messages is way different. In this case, the finding of “Message Requests” is pretty easy. Here’s what to do if you want to find the hidden Facebook Messages on the web or pc version of Facebook:
- Open any browser like Chrome or Firefox on your device.
- Enter the Facebook account Web version by typing “web.facebook.com” on the URL bar.
- On the menu on the top, you will find a small icon with the label “messages” on it. Click on that.
- Now, you will see the “Recent Messages” on the left and “Message Requests” option beside the recent messages. Once you click on the “Message Requests”, you can see all the messages that have been saved in this folder by Facebook from the people who are not your friend.
How to Unhide Facebook Messages on the Free Version of Facebook
If you are browsing from a place where you cannot smoothly use the web version of Facebook due to 2G connection or low data speed, you can also check your hidden messages from the free version of Facebook. Follow the steps given below to unhide Facebook Messages on the free Facebook version:
- Open any browser like Opera, UC, Chrome, or Firefox.
- Go to the URL bar and type “free.facebook.com” on then press enter.
- On the top menu, find the “Messages” icon that usually appears right after the friend requests menu.
- Once you click on the “Messages” icon, you will see the regular messages. But, if you look below, you will see that there four links below the regular messages to let you find other messages that you cannot generally find on recent messages. Those are “View Message Requests”, “View Filtered Messages”, “View Archived Messages” and “View Spam Messages”. You can click individually to get into all of these and find the messages you do not find on your regular or recent messages option.
- Note that, Message Requests will cover the messages that are sent by those who are not on your friend list. Filtered Messages will cover those messages that you had muted previously. Archived messages will cover mostly the messages you archived because you didn’t want to engage in those messages.
- Thus, with the free version of Facebook, you can get access to all kinds of messages that are hidden from your recent or main message folder of your Facebook.
Things to Remember
As Facebook brings people of all kinds together, it is not unusual for you that you might receive messages from the people who are not connected to your Facebook with a bond of friendship. There might have some important messages for you on the message requests folder for you to read. That’s why you should often check your message requests. However, be careful when you accept the message requests and continue the chat by replying. There might be some people with malicious intent to harm you with links that contain malware and virus. We recommend you not to click on links sent by someone you do not know.
When it comes to spam messages, Facebook marks the messages as spam because there are enough reasons for Facebook to identify those as spams. You do not need to check spams.
No matter what type of device you are using, you can always find your hidden messages whenever you want. We hope that this article has helped you know how to unhide Facebook messages from the messenger app, web version and free version of Facebook.